Last updated: 26 May 2022
Westpork is committed to protecting the security of your personal information.
1.0 About this policy
When you engage us to provide you with any goods or services, apply or complete an application or enter into contracting or other arrangements with us, communicate with us through email, by telephone, in writing, participate in any of our promotional activities, or use any of our other services, including our websites, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy. This policy is also relevant and applies to other individuals we deal with in connection with commercial credit we provide, such as guarantors and directors.
2.0 Types of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. Personal information we may collect from you includes, among other things:
- identity particulars - such as your name, address, date of birth, occupation, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- personal information we collect from you when assessing, processing and managing an application by you;
- your bank, credit or debit account details;
- your records of communication with us;
- if you visit our website, your website usage information such as your IP address.
3.0 The purpose for collecting your personal information
We will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
- our general business operations;
- effectively providing you with our goods and services;
- where applicable, assessing and processing an application for commercial credit, and for administrative purposes in relation to the ongoing management of your commercial credit arrangement;
- an application for employment with us;
- providing us with goods and services;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquiries or complaints;
- meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
- conducting, improving and developing a relationship with you; and
- improving our websites.
Your personal information is only collected by lawful and fair means and, where practicable, only from you or from a person acting or authorised to act on your behalf. Where you have applied for commercial credit account with us, we may also make enquiries in respect of commercial credit with third parties with your consent. This could include persons nominated by you as trade references, credit reporting bodies (‘CRBs’) and your bankers.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information;
- the right of access to the information;
- the identity and contact details of our employee/representative collecting your personal information;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide your personal information.
4.0 How we may use and disclose your personal information
We may use your personal information for:
- the primary purposes for which it was collected, such as those described above;
- assessing and processing an application for, or administration and management of, a commercial credit account with us;
- administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services; and
- improving the operation of our websites.
We may disclose personal information we collect from you:
- to our related companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the primary purposes for which it was collected or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected.For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to our supplier(s) or to another Westpork group member to enable those suppliers or that group member to respond to your request for information about a particular product or service;
- to relevant Federal, State, Territory medical, health and safety authorities (as required);
- where the law requires or authorises us to do so;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
Where the Privacy Act permits us to do so, we may also disclose your credit related information (in respect of commercial credit) to CRBs such as Veda or Dunn & Bradstreet, if you apply for commercial credit or request to increase in your commercial credit limit with Westpork.
Where Westpork collects information that we are likely to disclose to a CRB, please note:
- the CRBs may include that information in reports provided to Westpork to assist it to assess your creditworthiness;
- if you fail to meet payment obligations in relation to commercial credit or commit a serious credit infringement, Westpork may be entitled to disclose this to the CRB;
We do not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law, and we will not sell or license any personal information that we collect from you.
5.0 How your personal information is stored and secured
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your personal information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
We comply with the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017.
6.0 Using our Website and Cookies
As with most websites, when you visit our website or use an application on our website, we may record anonymous information such as your IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed, and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system.
We also use “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use our website, but the website may be limited in the use available to you of some of its features.
7.0 Accurate and up-to-date information
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, up-to-date and not misleading by updating our records whenever true and correct changes to the data come to our attention.
If you believe your personal information held by us is incorrect, incomplete or not current, you can request that we update this information by contacting our Privacy Officer. To contact our Privacy Officer please see contact details below in at the end of this document.
We will correct information we hold about you if we discover, or you are able to show to a reasonable standard, the information is incorrect. If you seek correction and we disagree that the information is incorrect, we will provide you with our reasons for taking that view.
We disregard information that seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in our possession.
8.0 Access to your personal information
We acknowledge that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer. If access is refused to your personal information for reasons permitted by the Privacy Act, we will give you a notice explaining our decision to the extent practicable and your options.
To contact our Privacy Officer please see contact details below. If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity and put your request in writing for security reasons. We may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the costs of meeting your request. We will reply to your request for access within 30 days of notification by you.
9.0 Dealing with unsolicited information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed or de- identified immediately.
10.0 Anonymity when dealing with us
Only where it practicable to do so, we may allow you the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us.
11.0 Collecting sensitive information
12.0 Government identifiers
We do not use government identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers or Medicare numbers) to identify individuals.
13.0 Complaints and disputes
We will ensure your complaint is handled by our Privacy Officer in an appropriate and reasonable manner. Where necessary we may consult with our related entities and partners in order to deal with your complaint. A written notice of our decision regarding your complaint will be provided to you. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website: www.oaic.gov.au Phone: 1300 363 992
14.0 Who should you contact for further information?
Mendelawitz Morton Commercial Lawyers
20 Kings Park Road,
West Perth WA 6005
08 9481 8811
Our Privacy Officer will consider your question or complaint and respond to you in a reasonable timeframe.